- Not started
The State Government is expected to release updated recycling standards mid-2023. Once released, Council will develop a new list of materials that can be recycled that align with the standards.
These service standards are part of a range of waste industry reforms including:
- A new four-stream waste and recycling system for all households across the state for better recycling and less waste
- A cash for cans scheme that rewards return of used drink cans, cartons and bottles for recycling, and reduces litter
- A stronger waste and recycling industry with new infrastructure and innovative waste management solutions for better recycling and reuse, and less waste
- New recycling laws and governance to support best practice waste management, resource use and recycling
- A statewide ban of single-use plastics and promotion of reusable items that reduce waste and pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment.
What can I do now?
Keep up to date with your recycling know how by visiting our website How to use your bins. By recycling right, you’re helping to ensure that more of our valuable resources can be recycled and less ends up in landfill.
We also have a handy A to Z recycling and waste guide for anything that you’re not sure of where to recycle, compost or dispose.